AlphaGraphics Seattle first opened its doors in July of 1989, and we’ve been providing print solutions for the Puget Sound region and beyond ever since. Though 30 years is really just a number, since less than a quarter of all businesses survive for three decades (according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics), it is a milestone we decided we shouldn’t let pass us by without acknowledgement.
So earlier this month we hosted an event at Block 41 in downtown Seattle in celebration of our 30th anniversary. Clients, colleagues, partners, and AlphaGraphics Seattle employees gathered to enjoy an evening of celebration, networking, and industry discussion.
The event featured a panel discussion about 30 years of marketing evolution in Seattle. Larry Koffman, founding publisher of Marketing Magazine, hosted the panel that featured three of Seattle’s top marketing professionals. Our esteemed panel included:
- Maureen Jann, founder and managing director at SuperDeluxe Marketing, a digital creative agency
- Jim Copacino, co-founder and Chief Creative Officer at Copacino + Fujikado advertising
- Mike Flynn, retired long-time publisher of Puget Sound retired long-time publisher of Puget Sound Business Journal
What we really wanted to acknowledge by this celebration is the loyal commitment of our many long-time clients, and the support of the Greater Seattle business and non-profit communities, which have been so important to both our success and our identity. It is our experience that if we do what we can to help our clients succeed, a lot of the other things about operating a successful business sort of take care of themselves.
Here are a few of our business milestones we celebrated:
• 1989 July — The Nagy’s opened AlphaGraphics Seattle at 402 Cedar Street
• 2001 May — Chuck Stempler purchased AlphaGraphics Seattle
• 2003 September — Acquisition of Tilikum Place Printers across the street from us on Cedar Street
• 2004 March — Acquisition of One Step Copy at Union Square
• 2004 December — Acquisition of AlphaGraphics in Renton, WA
• 2005 May — AlphaGraphics Seattle moves to current location at 3131 Elliott
• 2006 January — Acquisition of Graphic Options
• 2006 July — Acquisition of RPI
• 2006 October — First million dollar month!
• 2007 December — Achieve 10 million in annual sales
• 2008 March — Acquisition of Alderwood Printery in Lynnwood, WA
• 2011 December —We survive the recession and annual sales again reach 10 million
• 2012 December — Acquisition of CK Graphics
• 2014 December — Achieve 15 million in annual sales
• 2016 January — Acquisition of AlphaGraphics in Tacoma, WA
• 2018 January — Acquisition of Stella Color
• 2019 July — Celebrate 30 years in business, serving the Puget Sound region and beyond
The event was a huge success. A big thanks goes out to everyone who was able to make it!
We are incredibly grateful for the opportunity to share our 30th anniversary milestone with the business community. We are looking forward to serving you for many more years to come!
Here are some photos from the event: